Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Obama's speech

Subject: Re: Obama's speech


fluff. Pie in the sky.
Obama, the magician has demonstrated the greatest trick of the year. He
shoves his head in the sand and still can articulate clearly.
But what he says is all fluff and no substance.
Okay, so he's going to raise federal contractors wages to $10.10 per hour.
Out in little old SeaTac they've gone him fifty percent better already.
$15, per hour.
But not one word about that pesky pipe line he was going to deal with last
year. Nothing about the sell out to the Pacific Trade Treaty. No worry
about the increasing pressure from billionaires bank accounts funding
politicians and backing certain legislation, or attacking unwanted
legislation.
All general talk, just like the last time he stood up and promised us all a
piece of the Moon, and a slice of grandma's home made apple pie.
And then I tried listening to the Republican rebuttal. I wanted to see how
a local representative would challenge what the president said. As she
began spouting her own platitudes and waving her own American/Republican
Flag, I became embarrassed. I mean, I'm an Eastern Washington product, born
in Spokane. My mother was born in Spokane, too, so was her mother. And my
great grandma came to Spokane when she was six years old, in 1875.
Anyway, I'm supposed to go to bed, resting in the knowledge that we are
bigger and better and safer than we've ever been.
But this nagging little voice keeps telling me that we're just being
suckered in by the amazing Wizard of Oz.

Carl Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment