Saturday, August 26, 2017

Re: [blind-democracy] Re: Apria

Hi Frank,
I would suggest that Joe Arpaio has been elevated by Donald Trump, to
the level of that statue of General Robert E. Lee.
Both represent a way of Life in America. General Lee was defeated on
the battlefield, at the cost of thousands of lives.
Joe Arpaio was defeated at the polls with the cost of an unknown
number of Brown lives suffered during his long reign as Sheriff.
Both men are losers. But both are admired as heroes by their followers.
Because of this admiration, Heroes, especially heroes who are lifted
to the point of being bigger than life, can inspire people. Those
followers/worshipers of Lee and Arpaio are convicted of their belief
that the "White Race" is superior to all other "Races". Allowing Lee
and Arpaio to stand unchallenged is to give the impression that what
they represent is acceptable. And that offends me!

Carl Jarvis



On 8/26/17, Frank Ventura <frank.ventura@littlebreezes.com> wrote:
> His hatred is not just of foreigners but of anyone who is darker than he is
> and as someone else said the problem is racism not immigration. This year
> when I was traveling back from the ACB conference I was in a group of 4
> people heading to the same flight. I was the only one with dark skin. The
> other three (including my wife) just walked through security. However when I
> gave the TSA agent my passport and he looked it over and noticed the
> birthplace said New York (as is correct) he put his hand out in front of me
> as to infer "you aint traveling in my country" and said sarcastically "you
> weren't born in New York" as if I faked that and I was actually born in some
> far off land.
> Frank
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: blind-democracy-bounce@freelists.org
> [mailto:blind-democracy-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bonnie L.
> Sherrell
> Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 1:59 AM
> To: blind-democracy@freelists.org
> Subject: [blind-democracy] Re: Arpaio
>
> Good to hear from you, Kevin--it's been years!
>
> Oh, yes, let's pardon someone else who hates them foreigners as much as
> Trump himself does. Gads, he makes me crazy!
> Bonnie L. Sherrell
> Teacher at Large
>
> "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very
> wise cannot see all ends." LOTR
>
> "Don't go where I can't follow."
>
> We gave the Goblin King control of our nation!
>
>
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment