Friday, February 7, 2014

rambling thoughts regarding Dylan Farrow's open letter

Just as awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to Barak Obama made a mockery out of
that once prestigious award, the Golden Globe Award and any similar awards
give the lie to their recognition of an individual's life.
Tell me, does Annie Hull trump Dylan Farrow?
Should a priests ministry place him above his preying upon the young boys in
his Flock?
I most assuredly am a flawed human being, but I want to be judged, if
ever I am, on my entire life, good, bad and ugly.
In fact, I do not care for any of the so called Awards Passed out each year.
Why should I need to be told whom to respect, or what to watch, or who
deserves a lifetime achievement award? I can decide such things based upon
my feelings. Certainly there are some people who rise to a place where they
should be recognized in front of the world. But usually these are not the
people "chosen" by those who have anointed themselves to be the Choosers.
As I said before, Dylan Farrow deserves a very special Golden Globe Award.

Carl Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment