Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Impatient!

Give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself.
But give a president enough rope and he'll hang his whole damned Party.
I can honestly say that after his remarks, Obama absolutely disgusts me.
He, of all people, telling us that this summary report is not what we
are. We, he says, are a nation of decent and honorable people.
Bullshit! How blind does this man think we are, to be unable to see
the blood shed and the ruined lives brought about by the American
Empire? To pass off the lies and the torture and the disdain for
human life carried on by our CIA, and to say that this is not who we
are? Of course it is who we are, Mister President. It's not who I
am, but it sure looks like it's who you are.
As long as we play "let's pretend", and pass off our murders as
mistakes or unfortunate incidents, we are doomed. Did I say that
Obama disgusts me? Well, he also embarrasses me. And he makes me
ashamed to be associated with this nation.
Trust, I used to preach to my children, trust is so important. Once
broken it is near impossible to rebuild.
The CIA has betrayed the American People's trust. And now, so has
president Obama. I cannot trust a man who refuses to confront those
who are viciously destroying our nation.

Carl Jarvis



On 12/10/14, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@optonline.net> wrote:
> I just need to vent. I have no patience with all this discussion and
> analysis and supposed handwringing about the Senate committee's
> intelligence
> report. What the CIA did, with the approval of the Bush administration was
> illegal and wrong and everyone who was involved, including senior Bush
> administration officials and Bush himself, should be held accountable. And
> Senator Udall, if he is as upset and angry as he appears to be, should do
> what many have asked, and read the entire report into the Senate's record
> before he leaves office. Bennan should resign. Obama should make a clear
> statement that what was done is illegal and that the people who are
> responsible should be held accountable, and the mainstream media should
> stop
> beating around the bush and tell the truth for a change. If I hear one more
> so called balanced report from NPR, I'll sstart tearing my hair out. And
> Anthony Romero, who thinks the way to deal with the insurmountable problem
> of no one admitting anything is for the President to pardon them all, well,
> he's speaking for the ACLU and should be ashamed of himself. I have to say
> that instead of all of you criticizing leaders of other countries from a
> distance and in hindsight with little actual information about the facts,
> perhaps you should be saying more about what your own country, which holds
> itself up as a moral arbiter for the world, has done and is doing. And
> please don't excuse torture and murder by telling me that a lot of
> Americans
> support it. A lot of Germans supported murdering Jews, gypsies,
> homosexuals,
> and the disabled, and you don't give the Nazis a pass.
>
> Miriam
>
> _______________________________________________
> Blind-Democracy mailing list
> Blind-Democracy@octothorp.org
> https://www.octothorp.org/mailman/listinfo/blind-democracy
>

No comments:

Post a Comment