Saturday, October 13, 2012

Still raising Cane

Eric,
My travel cane takes up much less room than a flight attendant guiding me to the toilet.  Anyway, the point is that I will not just hand off responsibility for me to another person.  I am as able bodied as any other passenger, and probably more so than some.  Why would I allow some distorted notion of what a blind person can or cannot do become the issue?  If I were sighted, young and good looking...okay, so that good looking part is a stretch...but if I were, I would never be questioned as to my ability to enter and exit a plane, or to travel about the plane. 
How you choose to travel is your business and I will support that right.  All I ask is that others respect mine. 
 
Carl Jarvis
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [acb-l] Here's a thought about Laurie and the nonflight

Bob, on a plane, you don't have much space, and flights are often crowded.
So why not use assistance instead and not use the cane for getting on and
off the aircraft?
..

..

Eric Calhoun.  Be kind to your dogs and play with them.  Don't forget to
cuddle with them and let your give you lots of hugs and kisses!  Read to
your dog.  Play music for your dog.  Never forget: Dogs love us
unconditionally!  Eric Calhoun on Facebook: eric@pmpmail.com


_______________________________________________
acb-l mailing list
acb-l@acb.org
http://www.acb.org/mailman/listinfo/acb-l

No comments:

Post a Comment