Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ethel and Julius Rosenberg...forerunner to Julian Assange?

Ethel and Julius Rosenberg
 
In September of 1952 I had detached retina surgery. 
I spent most of 1953 recovering.   I normally might not have paid as much attention to Ethel and Julius Rosenberg if I'd been attending high school and after school activities and working part time.  But I had time on my hands.  Add to that the fact that my dad was a fiery radical and my mother was not all that far off the mark, either. 
Evenings were spent discussing what such a railroading of two people that we considered to be no threat to our great America, and that we were witnessing a monstrous witch hunt, and certainly the fact that their names were Rosenberg played heavily in the mix.  
I think that most people do not remember the level of Anti-Semitism
that existed in this country during those years following WWII.  We gave the Jews their very own Nation and many Americans would have sent them all there at gun point. 
It was strange.  On the one hand we were shocked beyond words when we learned what the Nazi's had done to the European Jews.  Although history suggests that some high level officials knew all too well what was going on, and even supported it by turning their heads away. 
But I recall the boys and girls on the grade school playfield singing, "If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a Kike".  And this was during the war. 
I remember that it was commonly believed that Hollywood was not only a hotbed of Commies, but there were subversive Jews there. too. 
Do you think it's our God fearing Christian values that cause us to always need someone to hate?  Back then it was Russians, Blacks and Jews.  With a smattering of Japanese and Chinese tossed in. 
Today It's Mexicans, Muslims, Blacks, Jews, Gays, Terrorists(anyone we don't like) and probably still a few Japanese and Chinese. 
This Christian nation loves to sneer at those we deem different. 
And now we're going to try Julian Assange for Treason. He's not even an American citizen.  Are we mad?  
   
I'm looking around for a different Race to join up with. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment