Monday, January 10, 2011

Moochers are not all blind and All blind are not moochers

What a wonderful invention is the computer, along with screen readers for the blind.  Imagine how many quills and bottles of ink and reams of paper we would go through putting down just a small portion of our thoughts.  And think of the time spent in waiting by the mail box for responses to our postings. 
Seriously, the internet has blasted open the human brain.  Why, I think I've changed my positions on almost everything except sex during the past 24 hours.  I love interacting with others.  There is no such thing as a bad idea or a wrong thought.  Just as an aside, that's what former National Federation of the Blind(NFB) president Kenneth Jernigan said to me once upon a time, "Carl,", he often referred to me as Carl, "Carl, although I always called him Mister Jernigan, that is wrong thinking."  Sound a bit like old Uncle Joe?  But there is no such thing as "wrong thinking".  Wrong actions, yes.  But when we open up and debate and explore one another's beliefs, we are actually apt to come to a good place inside our own heads. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment