Friday, January 7, 2011

Fw: Obama appoints another liberal? Hah! A Fairy Tale gone bad

Subject: Re: Obama appoints another liberal? Hah! A Fairy Tale gone bad

To All Believers in Fairy Tales,
 
Once I believed in the Tooth Fairy.  Then I found out it was Mom. 
Once I believed in Santa Claus.  Then I discovered it was Dad. 
Once I believed in the Easter Bunny.  Same two conspirators. 
Now, as an adult, I smile at the fun memories of that Make Believe Land that kept me in wonder as a child.  Sweet memories that carried me into adulthood.  I'd not change them for the World. 
And so it was in 2008.  For a brief few months we had our adult Fairy Story.  "Yes we can!".  What a fuzzy, warm and wonderful Fairy Tale it was.  We went about smiling and believing that this strong, out spoken man was riding into town on the back of a horse named Change. 
And then we came to the end of the story.  And we looked up and saw that the world was just the same as when we began our adventure.  But as adults we do not have the same fond memories of our Fairy Stories as we have of our childish dreams of sugar plums and tasty chocolate Easter eggs. 
Rather than smiling and saying, "We did have a wonderful time", we feel cheated and used. 
And yet, because we so desperately want...need to be lifted into that magical make believe place, in 2012 we will once again look up and see the White Rabbit hurrying along the Woodland and we'll leap to our feet and follow him down the hole to another trip in Wonder Land. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment