Friday, April 27, 2012

is it too late to save Democracy?


wrong, Ted.  Very wrong. 
Because I believe that history repeats itself, and because I believe that
those ruled by Greed will not compromise or give a single inch in their
quest to claim everything as their own, and because I see the American
People being misdirected and in great confusion, this does not mean that I
am looking forward to open warfare. 
Let me clamber up here on my soap box and repeat what I've said many times
over. 
"War does not end violence.  Violence does not bring peace.  Hatred only
begets hatred." 
Am I coming through?  Because I believe we are on a crash course with
violence and human suffering, is not something that I am advocating. 
My intent is to help spread some light on the atrocities being committed and
supported by our American Empire.  My hope is that we can energize enough
people to begin slowing down the World Corporate Empire from consolidating
power. 
Of course, without billions to back our cause, we must rely on word of mouth
and the internet.  Now even the free internet is becoming a target. 
We have already lost the Mass Media and any censorship of the internet could
bring us to desperate times. 
And yes, the Civil War was America's most costly war in human life.  We must
do what we can to avert the murder of our fellow Americans.  But even so,
this Class War is costing lives.  Every child who dies because they did not
receive decent health care is another soldier lost in the battle.  Each
elder who suffers from neglect, all of the street people facing unknown
horrors, each family turned out of their homes, all children attending
crumbling, under staffed and under funded schools, every bridge and road
that becomes unusable from neglect, all of this and more count as War
Losses.  No one is lining us up in front of long ditches, gunning us down
and dozing over our still warm bodies.  But that does not mean that this
Class War is not causing mass suffering and death. 
We have no knight in shining armor rushing up to save us.  The Ruling Class
has set conditions
 so to be almost impossible for that to happen.  So instead, we need
thousands and millions of regular citizens taking control of our government.
Can we do it at this late date without blood shed?  I guess we won't know
until we give it our best efforts. 
 
Carl Jarvis

----- Original Message -----
From: ted chittenden <mailto:tchittenden@cox.net
To: Blind Democracy Discussion List
<mailto:blind-democracy@octothorp.org
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:48 PM
Subject: RE: govt by emergency manager


Claude and Carl:
I really get the impression that you and others on this list would
welcome just such a war. For the record, I would not! I happen to believe
that human lives are worth more than the ideas that may flow out of their
heads or the disagreements we may have with each other.
--
Ted Chittenden



_________

No comments:

Post a Comment