Sunday, May 15, 2011

dead end jobs? or just dead ends

 

Do blind people find themselves in dead end jobs? 

 

This subject is a dead end topic. 

But feeling a bit dead today myself, I venture to comment. 

Opportunity is only partially to be found in any given job.  I've known folks who have set in the same position for years, finally retiring from the same job, while others around them catapulted into better jobs or better pay, at any rate. 

I have worked in dead end jobs and left them after their usefulness was at an end.  Opportunity comes from inside the individual.  Blindness may have a serious impact on what opportunities exist, but it does not close the door entirely.  Many blind people have created their own opportunity.  I see folks on this list doing exactly that. 

So, as I now go for a second cup of coffee, the only "dead end" is the one we're sitting on. 

 

Curious Carl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment