Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy 100th birthday to America's Forgotten Liberal.

Remember the song, "What Ever Happened to Hubert"? 
Once he was vice president, Johnson pretty much left him in the outer waiting room, a forgotten man. 
But I was jaded by Humphrey at the time.  I felt he had gone wishy washy on issues that he should have been taking the lead in.  So I voted for George S. McGovern. 
But Jimmy Carter, like Bill Clinton, never conned me into believing they were even close to being Liberals...or Democrats, for that matter.  Still, I did vote for both of them, given the lousy   choices. 
We are so far removed from a Liberal, People's Party that we really should be spending our efforts in building a strong opposition party.  We could name it, The Patriotic Party of America. 
 
Curious Carl
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment