Sunday, September 11, 2011

25 years later, how ‘Top Gun’ made America love war

Subject: Re: 25 years later, how 'Top Gun' made America love war

My brother-in-law(ex marine, Viet Nam), watched Top Gun at least 3 times in the theater and then bought the video and watched it over and over again. 
I,(non military, non Viet Nam) barely made it through one showing, when he demanded that it was "high time I watched this exciting film". 
After the big event I asked my brother-in-law if he thought that we could bomb and kill our way to peace.  He said, "There will always be war.  Always winning is the best we can do." 
God, I hope he's wrong. 
 
Curious Carl
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: S. Kashdan
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 6:07 AM
Subject: 25 years later, how 'Top Gun' made America love war

25 years later, how 'Top Gun' made America love war



by David Sirota



Washington Post, August 26, 2011



http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/25-years-later-remembering-how-top-gun-changed-americas-feelings-about-war/2011/08/15/gIQAU6qJgJ_story.html


No comments:

Post a Comment