Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Georgia killed Troy Davis

Subject: Re: Georgia killed Troy Davis

Tonight Americans will go to bed feeling so much safer knowing that Troy Davis has been legally murdered by the good citizens of the state of Georgia. 
Thank you Georgians for caring enough for all Americans.  Putting Troy Davis down like a mad dog will let the world know that we are a nation of Law and Order.  Yes, for the first time in years I can go to bed without double locking my doors.  Troy Davis is dead. 
And as I kneel at my bedside wondering if I should pray to a God I'm not certain exists, I think of that dear old mother whose son was taken from her.  Now she can sleep peacefully, too.  Someone, Troy Davis by name, had to die to bring closure to her son's murder. 
In this great land of law and order, justice will prevail.  Troy Davis was found guilty by a panel of his peers.  So guilty he is. 
We do not need to question how they arrived at their decision.  If they were lied to by witnesses pressured by police who wanted...needed...to catch the brutal murderer. 
 We need only to know that our system of justice will always be there for us, looking over us through our cell phones and computers and long distance surveillance, as well as through trusted eye witnesses and honest cops. 
Come to think of it, I'd better double lock those doors after all. 
Peace be to you Troy Davis.  Of all the people involved in your legal murder, you alone will be at rest. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment