Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fact Check: Let the Reader/Viewer beware

Fact Check.  Seems to me that this is something we're forgetting to do.  With the amazing tools at our disposal today we can say just about anything and back it up with pictures and quotes that have been carefully snipped and pasted together. 
Let the Viewer/Reader beware! 
But it has always been so.  We just got lazy during the reign of the giant newspaper chains.  We accepted their stories from their investigative reporters as absolutely true.  Now we have a new crop of "reporters" selling their wares.  My rule of thumb is to not believe anything until I think I know enough to believe something.  But never say, "I know it for a fact". 
Armed with this absolute rule, I muddy along. 
 
Curious Carl
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment