Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm my own person...I think...

 
 
When I'm bothered by an itch I scratch it
But when I'm bothered by beliefs and actions of another organization I leave them alone.  Scratching the itch makes it go away...usually, but all my scratching around is never going to change how other people see their purpose in life. 
When I was a member of the NFB I thought it was the greatest organization in the world.  I credit the Federation with much of my beliefs about blindness and with helping me change my own life.  But even if I'd not been thrown out, I would have left at some point.  I left the Church for the same reason.  I believe that I am my own person.  I don't need some super leader, be it Jernigan or God, to tell me how to think or live my life.  I am accountable and responsible for myself.  If there is some sort of a Judgment Day, I want to stand erect before that Throne on what I did and why I did it. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment