Monday, April 25, 2011

For what it's worth: Blind, Blinder and Blindest

Subject: For what it's worth: Blind, Blinder and Blindest

Interesting what each of us brings to the discussion table. 
Some of my sighted friends say, "It must be harder to have seen and then to loose your sight".  Some of my, blind from birth friends say, "It would have been better if I'd seen and then lost my sight.  I'd have a better picture of the world around me." 
But then, some of my brown, straight haired friends wish they were blond, or had curly hair, while my curly headed friends long for straight hair. 
Short people wonder what it would be like to look down on the tops of other folks heads, and tall people wish they could just blend into the crowd for a change.  When I was skinny I longed to be husky.  Now that I am...uh...well I long to be thin again. 
On the one hand it can be a little frustrating, this wanting that which we are not.  But on the other hand it is what drives us to clamber into leaky boats and set sail for strange and distant lands.  If the day ever comes when Man steps from his ship and looks about the planet Mars, it will be because of that little dissatisfying itch. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment