Thursday, April 28, 2011

my brain shut down

    My brain shut down when I read the following:
"President Bush launched the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in
response to 9/11, enacted Medicare Part D to help seniors cope
with the rising prices of medicines, and cut taxes across the
board in an effort to lower tax burdens."

Writer Linda J. Bilms must have just arrived on the last Mars flight after an extended vacation.  If she really believes her own drivel then I will bestow upon her the title, Linda Lackey.  Even the young journalists at the Grade School Gazette know now that President Bush was already itching for a showdown at the O K Corral. 
And only a First Class Fool would believe he could help Seniors offset their rising medical costs without putting the brakes on the Medical Profiteers.  I will not give in to the temptation of suggesting that it was indeed a Fool at the helm. 
And saying "tax cuts across the board", is a real mean spirited statement.  Sure, tax cuts across the board.  This reminds me back when the state of Washington decided to give state employees a 3% pay raise, across the board. 
My $50,000 was increased to $51,500. 
My Administrative Assistant's $25,000 income went up to $25,750. 
Now, even though we both received the same across the board 3% raise, the gap between us had widened just a bit.  Imagine if I were a billionaire and you earned $50,000 a year. 
Some sweet deal for me, huh?  But it's just hunky dory with Linda Lackey. 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment