Monday, April 25, 2011

Waiting for Warmer weather is like waiting for access...

The Access Bus is a Blessing, if it ever shows up. 
 
Poor Chris.  Chilled and damp to the bone while waiting for Spring...or the Access bus...whichever comes first. 
The drizzle has never let up today and the temperature out here on the Olympic Peninsula never reached 45 degrees.  Still, I grabbed the big golf umbrella and pulled on my heavy winter coat and sloshed out to the mailbox and on up the road to the Beaver dam to see how much water is pouring down Ripley Creek.  By the time I headed back home, about half a mile, I was too hot and had to pop open the snaps on my coat. 
My sister-in-law's two dogs ran with me, joyfully splashing through the puddles and even managed to splash me.  But it didn't matter because I stomped into a few deep puddles myself.  As we reached the front door and began to head for the hearth, we were halted mid stride.  "Don't you dare come in here all soaking wet and muddy". 
Oops!  I pulled off my wet shoes and pants and sadly patted the dripping dogs heads, telling them that this is what they get for having coats that won't unzip. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment