Friday, March 30, 2012

are Commies really people?


Sorry to burst your bubble Abby, but having hobnobbed with a great gaggle of Commies when I was a young boy, they are about as odd as are any other group of folks.  In fact if I hadn't known better I might have mistaken them for one of our family gatherings.  Everybody talked over everybody else and they bickered and snickered like my aunts and uncles and cousins always did. 
After meetings these "Comrades" would head off in little clumps where they could talk about how strange everybody else was. 
As my dear old mother used to say, "Everybody's a little odd, except Thee and me.  And sometimes I wonder about Thee." 
 
Curious Carl
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:31 AM
Subject: RE: Not so good old time radio shows.

I wonder if it's possible to get old time radio broadcasts of the McCarthy hearings, especially the Army ones.  When I was in fifth grade, when the class did long division, that was deemed inappropriate for a partially sighted kid.  I got sent to the library where the librarian listened religiously to the proceedings.  I used to wonder how I could meet a Communist because they must be pretty exciting.

Abby

 

From: blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org [mailto:blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org] On Behalf Of Mike Edwards
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:42 AM
To: Blind Democracy Discussion List
Subject: Re: Not so good old time radio shows.

 

I have an old time radio show called, "I was a communist for the FBI. Sounds very mccarthy influenced. The communists are all very paranoid and suspicious, and the FBI agent pretending to be communist is the selfless marter.

No comments:

Post a Comment