Tuesday, March 13, 2012

tucking in the loose ends of life

It seems to me that sometimes we are the victims of the one hour TV program.  We expect to have the problem laid out and all loose ends tucked in by the end of 60 minutes. 
This April I turn 77.  For the past 47 years I've been totally blind.  Today I am nothing like that young, handsome ,dashing lad of 1965.  Okay, so I strayed from the truth.  But my observation is that I am who I've become because of many little happenings.  There have been high points when I believed I had the world by the tail, and low points where I have actually believed I'd  be better off dead.  But coming to the point where I am today, perfect in every way, I had to make the trip alone.  Sure, lots of folks influenced me with their good examples and great advice, but I had to do the work.  And so it is for all of us.  And frankly, some of us do not succeed.  And all of my talk does not help them.  When I figure out an answer I will put it in a book and retire a rich man. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment