Wednesday, March 14, 2012

is blindness a blessing?

Hello Karen,
Hmm...different...well, I am different because I am left handed.  But both hands work the way hands were designed to work. 
But my eyes are not doing what eyes were designed to do.  Both retinas are detached and dead.  But I don't like saying Dead Eyes, either.  I suppose I just have to settle for being Carl, the Perfect Blind Man. 
 
Carl Jarvis
----- Original Message -----
From: Karen Rose
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:56 PM
Subject: RE: [acb-l] blindness a blessing?

Not broken, I think, just different.

 

Karen

 

From: Carl Jarvis [mailto:carjar82@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:42 PM
To: Karen Rose
Subject: Re: [acb-l] blindness a blessing?

 

Karen,

I am also a whole blind person.  But I have two eyes that do not function the way eyes are made to function.  If imperfection is a word you don't care to use, what word does describe  our broken eyes? 

 

Carl Jarvis

 

----- Original Message -----

From: Karen Rose

Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:24 PM

Subject: RE: [acb-l] blindness a blessing?

 

So who says blindness is imperfection?  I've always felt that I'm a whole blind person, not a person missing sight.  I'm not much for their Christian thing either.

 

Karen

 

From: acb-l-bounces@acb.org [mailto:acb-l-bounces@acb.org] On Behalf Of Carl Jarvis
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:22 PM
To: clifford; acb-l@acb.org
Subject: Re: [acb-l] blindness a blessing?

 

Clifford, that's at least twice that we have agreed.  Makes me wonder if we're going to vote for the same guy for president? 

Anyway, I do agree with you.  Of course I am speaking as an old Agnostic, but it just doesn't sound right for God to decide that some of His children will be given certain defects in order to allow the "normal" folks to have someone to help. 

When I was Christian, it was my understanding that God could not look upon imperfection.  He created everything.  Which should have made for a perfect world. 

Oh well, I'd better get back to blindness issues. 

 

Carl Jarvis

----- Original Message -----

From: clifford

Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:36 PM

Subject: [acb-l] blindness a blessing?

 

Dear List Members:

    My band director at the Tennessee School for the Blind was totally blind and he came up with the notion, or passed it along from some other source, which stated that we blind folk are put on earth in order to give sighted folk the chance to help us as individuals.  I suppose that such an interpretation came from the belief that God was handing out blindness to each of us, and that had to be for a positive purpose, and that was the only purpose he could muster up.

    I  did not buy in to that theory then nor now. 

 

                Yours Truly,

 

                Clifford Wilson



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6964 (20120313) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


_______________________________________________
acb-l mailing list
acb-l@acb.org
http://www.acb.org/mailman/listinfo/acb-l

No comments:

Post a Comment