Sunday, March 4, 2012

Leap Year Snow

The snow makes the world a different place.  And good sense and caution are the best advice for anyone, especially a blind man,  going out.  Even though I know my road and have had experience clearing fallen trees in the snow, I take extra care.  Especially as I am no longer Mister Nimble Toes.  I waited until the heavy wind had calmed and the snow flurries had stopped.  Just walking the quarter mile to the county road and back in over a foot of snow is tiring.  Cathy just came in and announced that we have trees down all over the pasture and she can see them lying down up the hill.  Well, I'd wanted to have some downed trees to cut up for next winter's fire.  Looks like I'll be busy this Spring and Summer. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment