Sunday, July 22, 2012

Old Swami Jarvis peers into his chrystal ball

To All Members of the 99% Americans. 
Old Swami Jarvis peers into his Chrystal ball and sees trouble for the 99% Americans. 
 
So far the Corporate Empire's mass media has ignored or ridiculed the "Occupy" movement.  As long as protests and marches and speeches do not interfere with the Corporate Empire's agenda...own everything...then there will be only occasional violence.  
But looking deep into the cloudy mists of my globe, I see the unrest increasing as the Corporate Empire refuses to compromise and continues to gobble up all in sight. 
Finally the Corporate Empire finds that the pesky 99% Americans are beginning to cramp their style.  The efforts to ignore and sneer at the "Occupy" movement is not working.  Now the Empire Strikes Back.  And we, the 99% Americans are face to face with the mightiest military force in the history of Man. 
What can we expect to happen?  We have nothing to compromise with, and the Corporate Empire is not in a compromising mood. 
The grim reality is that we humans have created a Frankenstein Monster, in the shape of Corporate Citizenship.  We have allowed this Monster to grow like the mythical Chicken Heart that consumed New York City, and we are now threatened with the extension of all our Rights and Freedoms.  Either we will prevail, or the Corporate Empire will grind us under its heel. 
As much as we pray for nonviolence solutions, as much as we hate violence, we have given away our control of this Corporate Cancer.  If we are to save Mother Earth and the Life She nurtures, we will need to rise up in defense of our Planet.  Earth is our home, and the Monster is at our door. 
 
Carl Jarvis
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:20 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: You Say You Want a Revolution?

It's the conundrum to be sure....
 
One way to do this non-violently is to engage in direct actions of civil disobedience and things like strikes including general strikes....
 
Even then when the goons are sent out as they have been in history people are forced to defend themselves by any means necessary....
 
Again it's a conundrum....
 
I don't have all the answers....
 
But I sure know being downtrodden up close and personal and I know when my fundamental civil, constitutional and human rights are being violated.
 
In fact when it comes to the rights under the ADA and 504 I've documented copiously where the very enforcement agencies themselves and the very courts violate fundamentally procedural and substantive due process rights....
 
Those rights by the way are in the 14th Amendment and do extend to us through the ADA and 504....
 
This was something fundamental fought for with blood that came about as a result of what Rober rightfully calls the second American Revolution, or what some call our civil war....
 
Joe
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:56 PM
Subject: RE: Fwd: You Say You Want a Revolution?

I've thought about this a lot.  I say I am a pacifist.  I don't think war or violent revolution accomplishes much.  I believe all life, at least the higher forms of it, is sacred.  If I really want to solve all conflict, intrusion, rape, and the like non-violently, I'll have to be willing to be killed.  I'm not. 

Abby

 

From: blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org [mailto:blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org] On Behalf Of Carl Jarvis
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 7:52 AM
To: Blind Democracy Discussion List
Subject: Re: Fwd: You Say You Want a Revolution?

 

Of course, like the crazy man, we keep trying the same thing over and over and over.  Violence will not bring about peace.  Maybe a lull in violence, but violence will only set us up for more of the same. 

Like Joe and others on this list, I believe in defending my loved ones and myself.  But here's the problem with that, where is the entrance into my home, and who are my family? 

First and foremost I am a citizen of Earth.  And my family is All Life Living in my Home. 

So given this, and given my belief that violence only begets violence, how do I begin defending my home and loved ones? 

 

Carl Jarvis

 

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 5:22 AM

Subject: Re: Fwd: You Say You Want a Revolution?

 

Hi Ted,

Guess it all boils down to interpretation of what a "revolution" is.

I am not now fand nor have I been for decades for "violent revolution".

The term "violent" is very relevent in this concept.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't understand violent tendencies. I do. I have a
lot of anger and rage at the system and in my heart wish I could settle it
with fists or even guns.

But, I cannot.

So my non-violence is not born of anti-revolutionary tendencies or even of
my human urge, but, rather, it is born of pragmatism for the only lasting
revolutions with social justice are born of non-violent revolutionary
activities imo.

Even then like in India they are tenuous and riddled with contradictions.

India born of Gahndi has the "bomb" after all.

Still and at the risk of being a personal hypocrite which I am I guess and
so are others literally, I do beleive in self defense.

If someone was rushing this house to kill me or my loved ones I would shoot
the bastards with the twelve gauge shotgun under the love seat.

I would not care what color they were or gender or anything else.

Now I wouldn't be like Zimmerman and carry the gun out in to the public
looking for a fight, or I wouldn't carry it in to the public to redress my
numerous greivances in the public arena.


_______________________________________________
Blind-Democracy mailing list
Blind-Democracy@octothorp.org
http://www.octothorp.org/mailman/listinfo/blind-democracy


_______________________________________________
Blind-Democracy mailing list
Blind-Democracy@octothorp.org
http://www.octothorp.org/mailman/listinfo/blind-democracy

No comments:

Post a Comment