Sunday, July 22, 2012

You Say You Want a Revolution?

 This crap about dying for my country is the kind of stuff shoved down the throats of our lower class youth.  Lower class, meaning anything below the Ruling Class.  They insist that it is a sign of true Patriotism to be willing to die for one's country.  But check out the number of white crosses in their cemeteries.  We die so that they may live.  War is hard on the losers, but there are losers on both sides of the field.  The poor always pay the price, both in bodies as well as in loss of personal possessions and personal freedom. 
 
Carl Jarvis
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: You Say You Want a Revolution?

Don't forget what Malcolm X said about that. I don't feel like looking up the exact quote right now, but the gist of it went something like this. If you are willing to die for your cause that gives your cause a better chance of being realized, but that will not realize it if that is all your are willing to do. In fact, dying for your cause alone will bring about its defeat and you should avoid it if you can. What you have to be willing to do is to kill for it. In the same vein let me paraphrase George Patton. Our goal is not to die for our country. Our goal is to make the other son of a bitch die for his country.
On 7/21/2012 11:56 PM, Abby Vincent wrote:

I've thought about this a lot.  I say I am a pacifist.  I don't think war or violent revolution accomplishes much.  I believe all life, at least the higher forms of it, is sacred.  If I really want to solve all conflict, intrusion, rape, and the like non-violently, I'll have to be willing to be killed.  I'm not. 

Abby

 

From: blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org [mailto:blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org] On Behalf Of Carl Jarvis
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 7:52 AM
To: Blind Democracy Discussion List
Subject: Re: Fwd: You Say You Want a Revolution?

 

Of course, like the crazy man, we keep trying the same thing over and over and over.  Violence will not bring about peace.  Maybe a lull in violence, but violence will only set us up for more of the same. 

Like Joe and others on this list, I believe in defending my loved ones and myself.  But here's the problem with that, where is the entrance into my home, and who are my family? 

First and foremost I am a citizen of Earth.  And my family is All Life Living in my Home. 

So given this, and given my belief that violence only begets violence, how do I begin defending my home and loved ones? 

 

Carl Jarvis

 

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 5:22 AM

Subject: Re: Fwd: You Say You Want a Revolution?

 

Hi Ted,

Guess it all boils down to interpretation of what a "revolution" is.

I am not now fand nor have I been for decades for "violent revolution".

The term "violent" is very relevent in this concept.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't understand violent tendencies. I do. I have a
lot of anger and rage at the system and in my heart wish I could settle it
with fists or even guns.

But, I cannot.

So my non-violence is not born of anti-revolutionary tendencies or even of
my human urge, but, rather, it is born of pragmatism for the only lasting
revolutions with social justice are born of non-violent revolutionary
activities imo.

Even then like in India they are tenuous and riddled with contradictions.

India born of Gahndi has the "bomb" after all.

Still and at the risk of being a personal hypocrite which I am I guess and
so are others literally, I do beleive in self defense.

If someone was rushing this house to kill me or my loved ones I would shoot
the bastards with the twelve gauge shotgun under the love seat.

I would not care what color they were or gender or anything else.

Now I wouldn't be like Zimmerman and carry the gun out in to the public
looking for a fight, or I wouldn't carry it in to the public to redress my
numerous greivances in the public arena.



_______________________________________________  Blind-Democracy mailing list  Blind-Democracy@octothorp.org  http://www.octothorp.org/mailman/listinfo/blind-democracy


_______________________________________________
Blind-Democracy mailing list
Blind-Democracy@octothorp.org
http://www.octothorp.org/mailman/listinfo/blind-democracy

No comments:

Post a Comment