Monday, June 25, 2012

from my wicked past

Not to get too far into my wicked past, but once I smoked some Hashish.  A young couple(we were all young  back then) had dropped by to spend the evening.  I'd smoked a little weed in the past, but only maybe a couple of times.  And yes, I did inhale. 
So we're all sitting around the apartment, an I'm on a straight backed kitchen chair.  All of a sudden that chair turned sideways so that it felt as if my feet were pointing at the window instead of the floor.  I grabbed the back of the chair and found that I had stood up and was back on the floor.  I turned to our friends and said, "Well, I'm going to bed", and I opened the front door and ushered them out.  They had been there less than half an hour and we'd not even popped a can of beer.  My heart was strumming.  I walked into the bed room and saw what looked like big translucent balls of bright colors, oranges, greens, reds, and blues.  All were floating about the room.  But of course, being blind, the room was still invisible to me.  I crawled into bed and my wife Trish lay beside me.  She turned on our little cheap radio with the tinny speakers.  I swear, the music floated out from that little box as if I were in the center of the orchestra, in living stereo.  And even more amazing, I could see the notes floating around the room.  All colors of the rainbow. 
What an experience.  I never did it again. 
 
Curious Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment