Tuesday, June 5, 2012

THE IMPOSITION OF RELIGIOUS IDEOLOGY ON OTHERS

Subject: THE IMPOSITION OF RELIGIOUS IDEOLOGY ON OTHERS

I don't like the Catholic Church getting into the politics of Women's Rights, But I can't say that they should keep their noses out.  What continues to surprise me are the number of people who stay in the Catholic Church, knowing that they are giving their time, money and Spiritual lives over to an organization that does not have their best interests at heart.  I guess that the fear of Eternal Damnation that has been poured into folks, along with the Holy Water of Baptism, has them cowing in the corner. 
I guess as long as we feel the need to place our lives in the hands of strong leaders, rather than in ourselves, we will continue to see great suffering in the land.  Giving control over any part of my life is opening the door for someone to attempt to become my Master.  It could be my job.  The fact that my employer buys a portion of my time gives him the opportunity to pressure me in other matters such as who I vote for, or how much overtime I must give in order to continue being employed, or how I dress or where I live.  Even who I marry. 
And the King of all strongmen most certainly is God, whichever one we believe in.  God proclaims that He can give us eternal life in exchange for our undying love and commitment.  This gives God powerful opportunity to dictate our every move.  And we even brag about "giving our lives over to God".  Frankly, I'm just not that weak willed these days.  I like making my own choices.  If I am wrong, it's my decision that got me there, and it will be me who figures out how to make it right.  But if I give me over to God, I can just go about doing what I do and blaming God for whatever comes along.  That makes me a victim.  And I don't like the feel of being a victim any more. 
God is totally about control.  He even points out that Man is the head of his family, as He is the head of Man.  In my family Cathy and I have an equal partnership.  We each are responsible for ourselves and we are equally responsible for our family decisions.  We, just like God, proclaim our love for one another, but unlike God, we respect one another.  Unequal arrangements do not leave room for respect.  We do not respect God.  We fear Him.  And He reminds us that we are as Wormwood.  We must have Him in order to become good people.  Otherwise we will wallow in the misery of our own making.  He alone can save us. 
No thanks!  That's not a guy I want to have running my life. 
Besides, He is not as perfect as He would have us believe Him to be. 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment