Monday, June 11, 2012

on dating and marriage


I've known more blind men who married sighted women...being one myself, but I've also know a goodly number of sighted men who married blind women. 
By the same token, I've known sighted men who dated blind women but would never marry them.  In fact, they usually "dated" the women at the woman's apartment. 
Then I've known men who would never dream of dating a blind woman.  They had them as friends and associates, but the thought of marrying one?  Why, what would people think?  That they could not attract "normal" women? 
Men, I believe, are far more concerned about having a good looking wife than are women concerned about good looking men.  This has to be true.  Just look at some of those good looking women arm in arm with blubbery, dog faced shambling Apes. 
 
Carl Jarvis
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 9:01 AM
Subject: RE: the work ethic

Interesting, because I know of a lot of blind men who married sighted women
but can think of only two or three blind women who married sighted men.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment