Monday, September 20, 2010

...and did I mention Humble, too?

 
As a young man I shied away from my dad's very radical politics.  In my first marriage, in a confused state of being,  I became a "Born Again Christian", scaring the socks off my wife.  She had hoped I would accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, but I wasn't supposed to go over the edge.  But I fell under the spell of the Holy Ghost and the Full Gospel, speaking in tongues and having visions with the best of them. 
Anyway, once I had my fling at Fantasy Land I became a closet Agnostic.  I must have been well into my 40's before I peeked out of the closet and startled my Christian friends and co-workers.  Or did I offend them?  But the point is that I've become more radical as I've aged.  I have also become better looking, wiser, richer, funnier, and...modest.  Did I mention humble, too? 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment