Saturday, September 25, 2010

reading playboy in Braille

 
I am reminded of the time Congress was going to "protect" the blind by refusing to fund the Braille publication of Playboy.  There was enough outrage that they quietly put that crazy idea out of their fuzzy little minds. 
I would never be so foolish as to try convincing anyone that I read Playboy for the articles.  Even if I'd convinced myself of that, once I was blind I did not have it read to me. 
But once Playboy came out in Braille, and I was teaching Braille at the training center, I subscribed.  I kept a shelf full of a number of Braille magazines in order to show students the variety of reading that was at their finger tips.  A number of students did browse the selections.  I kept three months back issues of each magazine. 
Once I tried making a center fold by using a Thermoform copy machine and a Barbie Doll but it didn't work out. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment