Monday, September 6, 2010

Freedom's Just Another Word


Hi All Freedom Lovers Everywhere! 
Labor Day 2010, saluting an endangered species. 
Speaking of freedom, I revisited the Michael Moore interview on Democracy Now, earlier this morning.  It is well worth listening to.  You can access it by going to:
 
With all the current flap over our growing intolerance toward Muslims, I listened to Moore relive his days following our declaration of war on Afghanistan, and his acceptance of the Oscar for his documentary, when he stood before the world and shamed President Bush for his illegal war. 
Having exercised his right to speak freely, Michael Moore went through some frightening, dark days.  And so did his family.  Their home was trashed, they were all threatened to the point that they had 9 body guards in shifts of three, living with them. 
Yup, Land of the Free...as long as you keep your mouth shut.  I used to wonder why the song sang, "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave..."  I thought that if I were free I would naturally have to be brave.  But until later in life I had no idea just how brave some folks were called upon to be in order to exercise their freedom. 
Michael Moore, another Great American Hero. 
On this Labor Day, thank you Michael Moore for not being able to keep your mouth shut. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment