Tuesday, June 21, 2011

a blind dad thanks his children

You know that you did something right when all of your children call up or
come by on Father's day.
"Happy Father's Day, Dad."  That was James, the Metro Driver on his way to
work early Sunday morning.  Himself a father of four, a caring husband and
voted "Number One Neighbor in his neighborhood.  And to think I used to
worry that this boy would never grow up.

"Happy Father's Day, Dad", came the call from Yakima where our eldest
daughter lives.
"Thanks Sweetie, I got your card and it is probably even mushier than the
one you sent me last year".

"Happy Father's Day Dad," cried our youngest daughter, as she dropped off
our five year old grand daughter to "share" father's day weekend with Cathy
and me.
Then she slipped me a box of chocolates.  How could I have done such a good
job of raising that girl?

And then this afternoon a big box appeared on our doorstep.  In it were the
most magnificent and amazing strawberries I have ever seen.  Huge berries
coated in a thick layer of rich dark chocolate and sprinkled with chopped
nuts.
Where do they grow these things?  I want to move there!
But wow, where did these children come from?  I think back to those years
when, as a blind man, I was single parenting these three, wondering if I
could be both a father and a mother to them.
Then one wonderful day we found Cathy, just looking for a ready-made
family(joke),.  So before I blow my horn and break an arm patting my own
back, I think I'll go find Cathy and give her a huge hug...but none of my
chocolate covered strawberries.
Curious Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment