Saturday, June 25, 2011

WORKERS POWER! NOT A BIGGER BETTER WELFARE STATE.


Joe,
My spin.  We are in this struggle to save the Human Race, for the long haul. 
The Dominant Ruling Class holds most of the cards, money, land, power, military forces, political power, mass media, and on and on. 
"The Militant", is one small publication attempting to spread the word.  I don't happen to subscribe to it, but I don't fault the effort to gain readership.  To my way of thinking this is one more example of our inability to bring together our forces for the common cause.  It is no accident that the revolution has never come to be.  The Ruling Class manages to keep us fractured and at one another's throats. 
Just as an aside, the Ruling Class has as many divisions within its ranks as does the Subjugated Masses. 
But even as they struggle to dominate one another, they continue to keep us fighting among ourselves. 
Once we decide that we, the majority of the Human Race, have a common goal of ending the dominance of the World-Wide Ruling Class, we will see the beginning of a New World Order.  What we are failing to do is to determine just what that new order should look like.  If we are just going to exchange one group of Rulers for another, then let's pack it in and start digging a hole in the ground. 
 
Carl Jarvis
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:03 AM
Subject: Re: WORKERS POWER! NOT A BIGGER BETTER WELFARE STATE.

Dear Roger
This is why I left this organization after a short stint of involvement
inabout 40 years ago. Revolution is not calculated by numbers of
subscriptions and quotas for sales of "The Militant".

I'm sorry but that doesn't mean a bloody thing even if the dogma and all is
correct.

At best it is feel good stuff at worst it is an illusion of revolution.

Honestly, roger I respect you highly and even more than these words can
express, but this is dead end stuff. Talk about romantic idealism!

I cannot say more for this stuff makes me literally weep as it is simply
vain glorious.

I guess we all need our Quixotic dreams though and some sort of metric to
justify them.


I do not mean to offend. I really don't but this is just so hopeless and so
... I don't know how to define it except to say, "Been there. Done that. Got
the T-shirt. And we still don't have anything approaching revolution or even
reform in this country. and the sales of "The Militant" ain't gonna make a
dimes worth of difference in this schema either. Never will and never
has....

Peace,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment