Sunday, June 12, 2011

why do working folks support the ruling class wars?

As a Lover of Life, I am about to head up to the back and work on my trail.  I wear a baseball cap with a mesh netting to keep flies and mosquitoes away from my face.  However, I will smash any that dare to land on my arms.  Nor do I check each time I place my foot on the ground, in effort to not step and squish some little innocent ant or other bug. 
And furthermore, if my wife and I were walking to our truck from the store late at night and someone stepped in front of us demanding our money, I'd defend myself with no regard of how badly I hurt the individual. 
What I'm building up to here is the fact that I understand self-preservation.  So when our government goes happily bombing and plundering in Africa and the Middle East, or in South and Central America...or any other of the places we've been meddling, I understand that it is in the interest of corporate self-preservation.  Of course they will do all they can do in order to protect that which they have laid claim to. 
But what I struggle with understanding is why American Working Class folks think that they are obliged to climb into uniforms, grab up weapons and head off, like Lambs to the slaughter, to fight for something that isn't, and never was theirs. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment