Wednesday, June 8, 2011

herding the goats

It is true that we see more folks "escaping" reality through light hearted fiction.  But then, we also see masses of folks escaping the real world through involvement as spectators in sports, films, and TV viewing.  Rather than just taking a little time out to replenish the Spirit, folks are hiding out in, "Never Never Land", to avoid life. 
Of course, I contend that this is not an accident.  The less engaged we are with the real world, the easier we are to manipulate.  And the goal of any good goat herder is to move the herd in the desired direction with the least amount of trouble. 
 
Curious Carl
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:53 AM
Subject: Re: [bardtalk] Has the NLS gone conservative

While neither Koontz or King are my particular cup of tea they are both gifted writers. And I certainly agree with you, regardless as to your basic premise here Carl.
 
Nothing wrong either with romance novels though they aren't my particular cup of tea either.
 
I do think though that Miriam, and others fundamental point that there seems to be a preference for pure escapism or outright right wing books on Bard nowadays.
 
I find that strange myself.
 
Joe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment