Tuesday, June 21, 2011

why I am an Agnostic

A short note to my friend in Egypt. 
Curious Carl
 
Hello Mostafa,
 
Thank you for outlining the five major perceptions that make up Islam. 

Number one ; submission

Number two ; obedience

Number three ; surrender

Number four ; sincerity.

Eventually;  number five ; piece.

 
It seems to me that you have listed the very same conditions that all religions require of their obedient members. 
And these are the very requirements that cause me to be an Agnostic. 
Since I personally believe that God is created in Man's Image, I cannot submit to being His servant. 
These five conditions are the requirements of any King or Dictator. 
Since I answer to my own Spirit, I cannot submit to your God or to any Man's God. 
And if I should be wrong, I will stand in Judgment when the Day of Reckoning comes. 
But even then I would never choose to spend Eternity in servitude to any Being, no matter how Perfect He might be. 
Finally, from what I see of God, He is far from the Perfect Being He wants us to believe Him to be. 
God, through His Faithful spokespeople, tells us how perfect he is, and yet his world is a mess and he has never been able to  gain control over it. 
 
Carl Jarvis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment