Monday, January 2, 2012

my wandering mind...or what's left of it


Jessie and all those waiting for the "Seeing Eye" eye, 
 
A long time ago, and in a strange Land, a land called Texas, home of Bush Perry and Paul, a certain doctor proclaimed that it might be possible to perform whole eye transplants, using adult frogs eyes. 
Excitement rippled across the campus at the university of Washington, among the blind students. 
"They say it can really happen soon", my good friend said, as she and I tossed back a few brews at the Blue Moon Tavern.  "Think of being able to wander around window shopping", she continued breathlessly. 
"Window shopping?" I asked wonderingly, "you get eyes and all you think about is window shopping?" 
"So, that's what I'd do", she said rather defensively.  "What would you want to look at?" 
Bad question for a lustful young man sipping Bud in a local bar with a comely Lass.  "I'd like to stand on the corner of 4th and Pine on a warm Spring afternoon and watch all the office secretaries bounce out of the buildings in their nice, tight sweaters," I burbled. 
"I think I'll take a cab home", she said, flicking beer foam in my face. 
"Frog's eyes," I continued, really getting into the subject, "I could just see you window shopping and a big old fly buzzes past.  Whomp!  You'd make a leap for it". 
She emptied her beer glass on my head as she stood up. 
"Chirrup, Chirrup", I called after her. 
 
Carl Jarvis 
 

The functional capacity of transplanted adult frog eyes  

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jez.1400540305/pdf
by CE Keeler - 1929 - Cited by 7 - Related articles
ADULT FROG EYES'. CLYDE E. KEELER. The Howe Laboratory, Harvard Medical School. THREE FIQUBEB. Of the investigators who have transplanted the ...

No comments:

Post a Comment