Thursday, January 19, 2012

sitting on the poop deck

From Charlie: 
         I personally think that there is some important value to
keeping change at a lesser pace than some might prefer.  Keeping the
ship upright as it sails the seas of history is not a bad thing.  Not
paying attention to injustice and greed that keep the upper levels of
the ship in control is not good since those who control the ship also
tend to determine its direction.  My view is we all need to
participate in the decision making around where this ship is headed
and be ready to enjoy both the destination and the ride as we move along.
Charlie.
 
 

Charlie,
 
I can agree with you because I am sitting on the poop deck with a glass of beer and a tuna salad sandwich.  So the ride, while it might be better from the captain's quarters, is pretty good.  But if I were one of those fellows scrubbing the pots and pans for a few dollars and a cramped bunk in the smelly bowels of the cruise ship, I'd have a different slant on things. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment