Tuesday, October 26, 2010

is God flawed?

It's a wild and crazy world.  Coming out of the Second World War as an impressionable boy of ten(1945), and being raised in a family that was all people centered rather than worrying about who they were or where they were born, it was just the thing to do, to give the Jews back their Homeland.  I think all of us were duped into overlooking all the folks already living there.  I know that as a boy I just figured here was this land that belonged to the Jews and was just waiting for their return.  But even if I'd understood that this land was already occupied I would have believed that a People so persecuted as the Jews, would treat anyone living there with compassion. 
Of course much of my perceptions were those of a young boy.  But many of them were the prevailing views being peddled to us back in those days.  All Negroes were happy, simple minded folk singing all the day long.  All Chinese wore Q's and owned either hand laundries or Chinese restaurants.  All Indians(American) were drunks and dead beats.  And all Jews were wandering around, bewildered and looking for some place to call their own. 
Only us White(WASPS) had it all together. 
Looking back on it today it looks like an extension of the Super Race concept that we'd been supposedly fighting against. 
Anyway, I don't hold Israel blameless for its present posture, but I can't lay it all at the feet of the USA, so I suppose it goes all the way back to those two folks wearing their Fig Leaves and chomping down on the Fruit from the Tree of Knowledge.  But then I'd have to hold God responsible.  Being All Knowing and seeing the Beginning and the End, He knew what He was setting us up for. 
Maybe I'll write a paper entitled, "Is God Flawed?"
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment