Thursday, October 21, 2010

still more on airlines and rules

Still commenting on the story of the man who had his cane seized by the flight attendant. 
 
In my travels I have seen many other disabled folks being given what might be considered thoughtless or even rude treatment.  Folks might want to check out some of the other disability organizations, such as people in wheel chairs, to hear their own version of what we encounter.  Senior citizens also are often treated as if they haven't a brain in their heads.  My 84 year old mother-in-law was wheeled into a room and forgotten.  Then she was boarded onto a plane bound for Los Angeles, even though she was headed for Fresno.  It seemed not to matter what she said, because "They" knew better. 
I was shoved into the holding pen at O'Hare in Chicago and would have been left behind except that I headed off looking for my gate.  What I am saying is that it goes on all around us and trying to reason with some of these people only makes them dig their heels in. 
What I believe about the article is that this man wanted to travel from point A to point B and to do it without any disruptions.  He was confronted regarding his cane and he reacted. 
It would be amazing if we thought everyone could remain calm when confronted with a strange situation.  I have gone off the deep end more than once after failing to reason with those "In Authority". 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment