Thursday, October 28, 2010

some people got no sense of humor

Far too many of us blind folk have experienced rude and thoughtless treatment by so called flight attendants.  One of my theories is that many of them are frustrated controllers who have finally found a captive audience to control, like some preachers. 
Over my many years of soaring among the "friendly skies" I have had my canes seized, been ordered to "stay put until the plane is empty", and my most favorite, to wait for the flight attendant to come for me in case of an emergency. 
I have learned not to be flip, however.  Once I suggested that the little lights along the floor should be Brailled so I could crawl along and feel them.  Boy!  She had no sense of humor. 
If you refuse to surrender your cane, or even more to the point, if you refuse to do exactly what the "controller" demands of you, they can contact airport security and have you removed. 
 
Curious Carl
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment