Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Misplaced humor?

Some of us are cursed with a perverse sense of humor.  We mean no harm, but...
I was riding a bus in Seattle.  A very kindly, older lady sat down next to me and turned to me and asked? "What is that?", pointing to my long white fiberglass cane.  "This is a Whooshk bat", I answered with a broad smile.  "Haven't you ever watched a Whooshk game?"  I then proceeded to show her just how I had to catch the small red ball on the metal glide tip of the cane and then propel it to the net for a 3 point score.  "Why, I never heard of such a game", she said, wide eyed. 
"It's just catching on.  Very difficult and one must be in excellent physical condition". 
"My," she observed, "You don't look to be mean and lean," she said with a twinkle of a laugh. 
To this day I don't know if I'd schmoozed her or if she'd schmoozed me. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment