Friday, February 3, 2012

gathering more wool

I was madly in love with Joan Baez back in the 60's.  Her voice!  Her body!...I mean her body didn't mean a thing to me...but my first wife was a real stick in the mud and refused to let me invite Joan to stay with us during her Northwest tours. 
I was not much for concerts, usually the crowd of big mouthed Trolls, with lungs like huge bellows  made listening to the performers impossible, but I did go and see Joan, and later my second wife and I breathed in a Bob Dylan concert.  This was in the early 70's...maybe 73.  The air was so thick with the sweet smell of MJ that I was high for a week. 
But not many other concerts.  Louis Armstrong, Hank Snow, CCR, Neil Diamond, Fleetwood Mac and the Blackwood Brothers.  Yes, the Blackwood Brothers.  They had a bass who could drop so low your shoes fell off.  J. D. Sumner...or something like that. 
anyway, I thoroughly enjoy the rollicking rhythm of those old time Gospel songs. 
 
Curious Carl
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 3:02 PM
Subject: RE: and now for my Real most favorite protest song

Not even Joan Baez?
 

Regards,
Claude Everett
"I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars, while millions of men and women who work all the days of their lives secure barely enough for a wretched existence."
Eugene Victor Debs 

 


From: blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org [mailto:blind-democracy-bounces@octothorp.org] On Behalf Of Carl Jarvis
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:52 PM
To: blind-democracy@octothorp.org
Subject: and now for my Real most favorite protest song

While I was browsing Paul Robeson, I listened to the one song that my dad and his buddies sang over and over.  Joe Hill. 
No one sings it better than Paul Robeson. 
 
Just go to: 
http://tube.majestyc.net/?v=I39YrqDogMc
and enter, Paul Robeson sings Joe Hill
 
If this doesn't make you an instant fan of Paul Robeson's, nothing will. 
 
Curious Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment