Thursday, February 16, 2012

my answer: You'll note I do NOT mention Democrats, Republicans nor Obama... Just facts that may destroy our Nation...

Sent to me by a conservative friend.  I post his statements along with my answers. 
Carl Jarvis
Subject: my answer: You'll note I do NOT mention Democrats, Republicans nor Obama... Just facts that may destroy our Nation...
***********
 
As written I would agree with these generalizations, even though they do not address anything but smoke and mirrors, and I suspect they came out of Ronald Reagan's mouth. 
My responses follow each statement. 
 
Carl Jarvis

 
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
**Expecting All Americans to support their nation is not legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.  It is expecting them to share in creating an even greater prosperity. 

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

**Totally agreed.  All Americans should receive the same privilages regardless of their level of income.  I'm particularly interested in setting up an off-shore bank account to place all of my monthly income in. 
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
**What wise words.  But that is not what folks are grumping about.  It is the fact that those of us making the lesser incomes, i.e. Middle/Working Class folks, are having to give far more than those wealthier citizens. 

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
**This goes to the heart of what the Middle/Working Class is saying.  "You can't keep taxing us to try to create more wealth". 
   
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any na
tion.
 
**Truer words were never spoken.  But it has no place in this list.  There are millions of unemployed Americans demanding work.  And there are a bunch of billionaires taking their factories and money overseas.  Did I say, "their money?"  Well, I suppose if a guy puts a gun in my back and takes my wallet, the money in it does now belong to him. 
The Middle/Working Class is not a bunch of lazy bums.  It's you and me and millions just like us.  We are being slowly reduced to a Lower Class standard while a few billionaires are becoming extremely wealthy and powerful. 
This is not the America we used to sing about in school. 
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment