Wednesday, May 9, 2012

getting food brought to you at McDonald's: was RE:Blindness and the Digital Divide


Good point, Kevin. 
Over the years I have worked with blind people who, no matter how we worked together, could never find themselves in space.  Given a tray of food they might turn around and slam right back into the counter they thought they were walking away from.  Realizing our abilities and then seeking proper accommodations is what rehabilitation is all about.  Kevin accommodates his tremors.  Others will accommodate that which they need to accommodate.  We do need to lighten up on one another and listen before passing judgment.  Or maybe we can just skip the judgment part all together? 
Well...I'll try, but it's hard. 
 
Carl Jarvis
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:58 PM
Subject: [acb-l] Getting food brought to you at McDonald's: was RE:Blindness and the Digital Divide

Hi.

When I go to a restaurant like McDonald's I always eat there.  I have them
bring my order to me, not because I can't see, but because I have tremors in
my hands that make it difficult to carry a tray of food and my soft drink.
I might spill these items.

I can't speak for others who do this, but They may have a reason we don't
know about.

Have a good day, and don't work too hard.

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY
kminor@windstream.net

_______________________________________________
acb-l mailing list
acb-l@acb.org
http://www.acb.org/mailman/listinfo/acb-l

No comments:

Post a Comment