Saturday, August 28, 2010

please, spare me the political sound bites

I am fed up to here with snippets and sound bites from political candidates telling me how the other guy is cozy with lobbyists and big money, while they are the good guys in white hats trying to serve the people.  But the bad guy then comes along during the next commercial break and tells me that it is not him/her who is turning their back on us poor slobs.  It's the other guy who is selling us out.  And it's time for a change. 
Lots of money passes hands.  Lots of snorting and slobbering.  Nothing of any substance has been said.  And usually the only time you hear the actual candidate anymore is when they say, "I approve this gobble Dee gook". 
I am so sick and tired of being lied to as if I were a simpleton.  I refuse to listen to the glossy promos any longer.  I have the emails for each channel I listen to and I let them know every time I hear part of some drooling drivel.  Of course I'm still waiting for my first reply.  It'll probably come via a knock on my door and a friendly voice shouting, "Open up in there and come out with your hands up". 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment