Sunday, June 20, 2010

Does God love the undocumented as much as He loves the rich?

My reaction to the report of A Fatal Ending for a Family Forced Apart by Immigration Law just tears me up inside.  A family has been destroyed, lives crushed.  But somewhere in a mansion high on a gated hill sits another family.  Blessed with generations of accumulated wealth and unconcerned with the tragedies on the Plains below them. 
Yet both families turn to God and ask His Blessings on their lives.  Both families believe that God watches over them and guides them.  Neither family sees a contridiction in the way that their God cares for their needs. 
I profess to be Agnostic, neither able to prove God's existence or to prove God does not exist.  The universe is far too complex and my life is too fleeting to even begin to understand it all. 
But if I were to abandon my rational side and say that God does exist, then I would have to say that He has forsaken Earth to the Devil. 
No Just, Fair, Loving God would sit by and merely observe the suffering and carnage all around Him.  It is the world of Satan.  His loyal servants are living like Kings and Lords while the God Fearing masses suffer and cry for the return of their Savior. 
and even as the Devil's agents bask in the warm sun in garden-like estates, the masses huddle shoulder deep in muck and poverty and pain and wars and floods and earthquakes and on and on, while they sing praises to a God who has obviously turned His face from them. 
Okay.  I guess I'd better go to bed now. 
 
Curious Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment