Friday, June 11, 2010

Jose canoe C?

 
I will sign any petition that states that the National Anthem must be played by a brass band in a spritely manner and heartily sung only by those in attendance.  I am offended by what some very talented and prominent entertainers do to this tune.  Remember, this is supposed to be a march, rallying Americans to raise high our flag and stand tall in defense of our Shores.  The renditions I hear mostly, groaning out of sound systems prior to sporting events would make the most strong of heart turn and run for the hills. 
I love marching music.  Mother used to tune the radio to the Breakfast Club each morning and we'd March Around the Breakfast Table, which was hard to do since one end was shoved up against the wall. 
Of course, I try to block out the fact that this music came into being as a means of pumping up the troops just before marching off to their death. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment