Saturday, June 26, 2010

doing wonderfully well...

Worse even than getting the answer in the middle of the night is lying awake still trying to figure out the forgotten word or name.  "Hmm...let's see, it doesn't start with any letter in the alphabet". 
I took an oath that I'd never become one of those people who couldn't finish a conversation because they kept forgetting words.  "We went to...ah...what was that place we went to?  Well, anyway we ran into...that fellow...the one you used to work with...or was he your neighbor...the fat guy with the bad comb over." 
I also was never going to grunt when I stood up.  Ha! 
They used to say of me, "My, you do so wonderfully well...for a blind man." 
Nowadays they say, "My, you do wonderfully well...for an old guy." 
Such is life. 
 
Curious Carl
 PS. I'd rather still be doing wonderfully well for a blind guy. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment