Monday, June 14, 2010

over the hill at 30

To my old friend Charlie,
I sure hear you on that bit about your energy level being down from where it once was. 
It's taking me longer these days just to think about all the things I have to do than it used to take to do them.  It's getting to be that I need a nap right after my morning work out.  Wasn't the purpose of that vigorous exercise supposed to prepare me for the day, not end it?  Sheesh!  Yesterday we drove the two and a half hours to Orting to celebrate our daughter-in-law's thirtieth birthday.  The house and yard were falling over with Kith and Kin, all somewhere between 30 and 40...except for the gazillion kids...and here she is, dashing around telling everyone how horrid it is to be, "over the hill".  Gag me with a shovel!  I'd love to be just going over that hill again.  I stopped her and asked, "Just how do you think that makes me feel?" 
"Old, I suppose", she said, patting me on the cheek. 
Oh well, now let's see, what was it I'd lined up for today?  I'll get to it right after a short nap. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment