Friday, June 4, 2010

Limousine Liberals?

Limousine Liberals?  Add it to the long list of meaningless handles aimed at confusing and distracting people from the real issues. 
During my most active years in the Blind Movement I have been called just about everything you could imagine.  The Seattle PI inferred that my wife and I were Homosexuals.  I was called a mindless puppet of Ken Hopkins, the agency director at the time, I was called a mouthpiece for Jesus Jernigan, I was in the NFB at the time,  I was portrayed as a shiftless bum who couldn't hold a job, I have now completed 35 continuous years in Work with the Blind.  But that doesn't stop the Naysayers.  Folks who did not like my decisions, and certainly I've made some bad ones along with many good ones, shouted that I was a, "fatcat, lazy government drone sucking at the taxpayers teats".(That's a direct quote from another blind person). 
Being called names is a price we pay when we get up in the morning and decide to do something about what's going on around us.  I consider it a badge of honor.  If I were not involved I would not be worthy of name calling. 
Limousine Liberals is merely another attempt to separate us and turn us on ourselves.  Let's accept that we Progressives/Liberals/Leftists are all working as best we can with the tools we have been given.  And let's keep focused on just who the real American Terrorists are. 
 
Curious Carl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment